The successful intern candidate will be responsible for production assembly and quality of our industrial internet appliances, and for support of our customers in the installation, training, and implementation of our proprietary remote services Industrial IoT platform. The intern will have a valuable career opportunity to work with an outstanding team of Industrial Internet professionals. This position will provide the successful candidate with invaluable knowledge and insight to the latest technology and applications in the Industrial IoT space. The ideal candidate is an undergraduate student seeking a degree in CS, EE, ME, or equivalent, who may be interested in becoming an IoT Platform Engineer for ei3.
- Work in a systematic, lean assembly line process to assemble, configure and test Ei3’s industrial internet appliances. Conform to established assembly and quality assurance procedures, and work with both paper and online documentation systems.
- Receive and manage inventory, following established supply management guidelines.
- Assist customer support team with Level 1 support of customers using our IoT platforms and their applications. Respond to email and phone issues and requests; verify problems, assist with resolution, and follow up with customers.
- Support platform administration, training, documentation, and customer engagement programs.
- Adhere to Ei3’s established processes and tools. Contribute ideas for process improvement.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience with Microsoft and Google office systems required.
- Fluent in English reading, writing and speaking.
- Knowledge of Linux based systems, with Red Hat or Debian would be a plus.
- Experience with basic TCP/IP networking concepts (IP addressing, routing, DNS, etc.)network analysis and knowledge of network analysis and tools (traceroute, wireshark/tcpdump, MTR, etc.) would be a plus.
- Knowledge of security aspects of hardened internet appliances and internet networking
Personal Attributes and Additional Information
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Mechanically astute, analytical, and detail-oriented attributes are essential.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Potential for 2nd shift work hours if mututally agreed.
- Ability to work in Pearl River, NY.
- Ability to work 20-30 hours between normal business hours
- Part Time: 14-25 hours per week
- Internship is paid
- Base: Pearl River, NY
- Travel: Less than 10%
Interested in this position? Please email your cover letter and resume to Katelin Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.