The IoT Platform Engineer is responsible for supporting our multi-discipline teams in the development, testing, training, and support of our proprietary remote services IoT platform. The person filling this full-time position has a valuable career opportunity to work with an outstanding team of Industrial Internet professionals. A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer & Information Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college or university is a minimum requirement.
The person in this role:
- Helps grow the ei3 IoT network by providing technical support for site planning and turn-on.
- Responds to customer emails and phone calls with answers to technical questions.
- Keeps track of work details by using the ei3 ticket tracking database and other knowledge tools.
- Contributes to product improvement by serving as the “voice of the customer”.
- Participates in the development and review of training docs and knowledge notes.
- Experience with Linux based systems, with Red hat or Debian would be a plus.
- Experience with basic TCP/IP networking concepts (IP addressing, routing, DNS, etc.)
- Experience with network analysis and tools (traceroute, wireshark/tcpdump, MTR, etc.)
- Knowledge of security aspects of hardened internet appliances and internet networking, and of scripted languages such as php and perl, considered a plus.
- Some experience working with GPIOs in a Linux environment and with single board computers such as Beagle Bone or Raspberry Pi preferred.
- Fluent in English reading, writing and speaking.
Personal Attributes and Additional Information
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative team environment is essential.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and problem-solving capabilities essential.
- Potential for 2nd or 3rd shift work hours.
- Some travel required, possibly including international destinations.
- Eligible for Benefits
- Base: Pearl River, NY
- Travel: Less than 20%