The Network Technician helps to build ei3’s secure global network that connects machines devices to our robust private cloud. The Network Specialist travels to customer locations at manufacturing sites around North America to perform site assessments of customer networks and assist in the connection of internet security appliances. Planning and documentation of networking designs at the remote sites is also an important part of the job. This position requires travel more than 80% of the time.
- Network design including the set up of networks, defining subnet masks virtual lans, and IP address translations.
- Network planning including working customer site IT personnel to jointly develop, design and implement strategies that conform to local policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Deploy secure networks using cyber-security best practices
- Configuration of network security appliances routers and other devices to conform to documented security schemes.
- Diagnostics and Troubleshooting of networking issues as they arise.
- Experience with network design, administration, and management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, on a Windows computer.
- Minimum of 2 years of college-level education.
- Strong communication skills, and fluent in English reading, writing and speaking.
Personal Attributes and Additional Information
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative team environment is essential.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and problem-solving capabilities essential.
- Compensation offered commensurate with duties and experience.
- Able to work full-time at our office in Pearl River, NY.
- Eligible for Benefits
- Base: Flexible North America
- Travel: More than 80%
- Salary Range: $60,000 to $90,000 /year