Senior Leader Java Back End Developer
The successful candidate is primarily responsible for back-end development tasks, including development and maintenance of our SaaS applications, develop functional and system specifications that meet customer, program and strategic company requirements, write and oversee execution of relevant epics and stories. The person will also lead agile development team project meetings and scrums.
These tasks are scheduled to define specifications, creation of new functions, composition of data-driven reports, and testing.
The person filling this position will have a valuable career opportunity to work with an outstanding team of software development professionals. This position requires a minimum of five years of project management experience, ten years of development experience, working in a team environment. A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer & Information Science or equivalent from an accredited college or university is a minimum requirement.
- Design, develop and modify software elements and modules based on functional and system specifications. Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Work closely with development team and product managers for understanding the specifications. Develop schema to meet specifications, and execute.
- Ensure architectural integrity and product quality. Participate in testing process; debug code quickly and efficiently.
- Adhere to ei3’s established processes and tools.
- Participate and contribute to development team project meetings and scrums.
- Contribute ideas for process improvement, including coding practices, standards and tools.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with Java, Java Server Pages (JSP), and JBoss / Tomcat.
- Experience with Eclipse IDE, web services (REST, SOAP, API) and MySQL.
- Proficient working with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience leading agile development teams and managing releases.
- Fluent in English reading, writing and speaking.
Personal Attributes and Additional Information
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative team environment is essential.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and problem-solving capabilities essential.
- Salary offered commensurate with experience.
- Some international travel is required, particularly to our main office in NY, USA.
- Able to work at least 40 hours per week at our office in Montreal, Québec.