THE TOP 4 VALUES
OF MACHINE IIoT
Top 4 Values of Machine IIoT
Machine Owner's Viewpoint
It is hard to understand the scope of IIoT solutions by absorbing the buzz; too many new technologies, processes, and ideas dominate our minds. This might come in the way of prudent decision-making.
THIS WHITEPAPER OUTLINES FOUR CLEAR VALUE DRIVERS OF IIoT FOR MACHINE OWNERS, TRANSLATING CONCEPTS INTO PRACTICAL, OBSERVABLE RESULTS:
- The first benefit deals with machine maintenance and lifespan. With IIoT solutions like Remote Monitoring, the timeliness and proactivity with which servicing and part-replacement can be undertaken is massively boosted. Machine maintenance costs can fall as much as 40%, and owners can vastly lengthen the lifespan of their expensive, invaluable equipment.
- The second benefit involves capitalizing on the potential of Six Sigma by enhancing it with IIoT tools like digital OEE measurement. Machines can now be utilized to their fullest extent with measures like predictive part stocking and root-cause identification for downtime using automatic Pareto analysis.
- The third benefit broadly encompasses quality control. IIoT applications can record all kinds of machine parameters, establish suitable benchmarks, and ultimately provide real-time alerts if there are any deviances in performance. These results are used to produce certificates of analysis (CoAs) that serve as industry benchmarks for similar machines – vastly improving upon the consistency and quality of the products being developed.
- The fourth benefit is often considered to be a side-effect, but ties into core IIoT practices. Unplanned downtime and a reactive response system are directly connected to an increase in energy expenditure. With ei3, consumption-based information can be monitored in tandem with sales and downtime variables, helping owners boost productivity and energy savings.
- Lastly, we conclude with a proposition – In the face of these data-driven advantages, machine owners can quickly capitalize on the tech that is easy to implement and meet the needs of a changing, versatile market while saving time and resources. So, why not begin that conversation with the right industry experts?